Friday, February 2, 2018

Friday Reads: The Happiness Project

Today's Friday Reads feature is Kelly Clever's current book, The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin.


"I first read this book several years ago, but it's my book club's February pick, so I'm giving it a re-read. Rubin dedicated a whole year to systematically improving her happiness. Each chapter chronicles a month in the year and whatever 'theme' she picked to work on in that month. She researched the literature on happiness to guide her efforts in different aspects of her life (a lady after a librarian's own heart). While this book focuses on Rubin's own happiness project, tailored for her circumstances and interests, she also brings in the perspectives and experiences of many other people. I think anyone could take away some useful ideas from even just skimming this book. Happiness has a spillover effect on those around us, so working on our own lives and happiness levels can make the world a brighter place."

No comments:

Post a Comment