Friday, September 25, 2020

Adam is finally getting to cross off a book that has been on his to-read list for a long time. Today, he tells us a bit about Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey. 

Adam Pellman in a mask holding Sometimes a Greation Notion

Adam Pellman is reading Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey


I've only just started reading this novel, so it's too early for me to give my impressions on it. It's a book that I've been meaning to read for many years, so I'm pleased that I'm finally able to get to it. This novel was author Ken Kesey's follow-up to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, a novel that I really enjoyed, and that is the basis for one of my all-time favorite films.

Sometimes a Great Notion tells the story of the Stampers, a family of loggers who live near a small lumber town along the Oregon coast, and who have become involved in a local strike. It's one of those big, sprawling novels that has earned a reputation as one of the important works of late-20th century American fiction. I hope it's worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment