Friday, July 8, 2022

ALA in DC

Well, enough time has passed to allow me to come down from my "high" of attending this years American Library Association Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. It's always amazing to see the latest innovations in all things library. Sort of made my mouth water! 


                                       

It was also nice to meet many of my vendors so I could put faces with some of the people I speak with quite often and have some discussions about their products. 


I heard John Cho being interviewed about his new book, "Troublemaker." It was amusing when the interviewer had a coughing spell and John Cho said with a couple hundred librarians in the room someone has to have a Ricola--of course quite a few made their way to the stage. 





And, of course, the best part of the trip was meeting Dr. Carla Hayden, the Librarian of Congress. She was a professor at Pitt's library school when I attended but her classes were the most difficult to get into. 



So all in all it was reminiscent of looking through the Sears Christmas Catalog of my youth. Well see what Santa brings me this year!






No comments:

Post a Comment