Friday, April 16, 2021

Friday Reads: The Art of Taking it Easy

 Happy Friday! This week, Public Services Librarian Kelly Clever tells us about her current read, The Art of Taking It Easy, by Dr. Brian King.

I hadn't heard of this book until I got an email from the public library system saying that The Art of Taking It Easy was April's "Big Library Read." I wasn't sure what to expect, but I've enjoyed other Big Library Read picks in the past and I figured I'd give it a try. 

Brian King has a unique set of qualifications to talk about happiness and positive thinking -- he's both a doctorate-holding psychologist and a touring comic. In this book, he hilariously explains what stress is, why it happens, and when it's good and when it's bad. I've particularly enjoyed his use of murderous attacking unicorns to explain justified stress. Even the footnotes are fun. I'm about 20% of the way in and am looking forward to reading the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment